King's

King's - Mimi Jean Pamfiloff If Jericho Barrons had a malnourished, under-developed younger brother, King would be him! Throughout this novel that was the only thought that occupied my mind.

It was so clear that Pamfiloff tried to re-create the Barrons-Mac type of relationship, but sadly the whole thing came crashing down, because of one small reason. King and Mia are no Barrons and Mac.

Why did i come to this conclusion? There were just a few similarities:

1. Barrons is a gentleman asshole, who insists on calling Mac-Ms. Lane.
-King is a gentleman asshole, who insists on calling Mia-Ms. Turner.

2. Barrons is clearly not all human, but blatantly lies when Mac points it out.
-King is clearly not all human, but blatantly lies when Mia points it out.

3. Barrons is an ancient powerful creature, with dubious moral standards when coming to acquire something he wants.
-King is an ancient powerful creature, with dubious moral standards when coming to acquire something he wants.

4. Barrons tattoos Mac, so he can keep track of her.
-King tattoos Mia, so he can keep track of her.

5. Mac vomits when her Sidhe-Seer abilities lock on the Sinsar Dubh.
-Mia vomits when she uses her Light-Seer abilities.

6. Barrons always threatens to punish Mac, with a truck-load of sexual innuendo.
-King always threatens to punish Mia, but the truckload of sexual innuendo is mostly in her head.

7. The sexual tension between Mac and Barrons doesn't go anywhere for a long time because Mac doesn't trust Barrons.
-The sexual tension between Mia and King is very palpable but has to move a bit faster simply because Pamfiloff doesn't have as interesting story as Moning. Still Mia doesn't trust King.

8. Barrons keeps popping out of thin air to save Mac.
-King literally keeps popping out of thin air to save Mia.

9. Barrons wants Mac's seer abilities to help him get the Sinsar Dubh.
-King wants Mia's seer abilities to help him get the Artifact.

10. Barrons bargains for Mac's help, offering information on her sister.
-King bargains for Mia's help, offering information on her brother.

11. Barrons takes Mac to a party and dangles her as bait, to get her to use her seer abilities.
-King gets Mia taken to a party, to be dangled as bait and to use her seer abilities. The big difference here is- Mac actually manages to get something out of it, while the whole Mia thing turns into a fiasco.

12.Mac's journey into a world of paranormalcy makes you bond with her, connect and like her.
-Mia's journey into a world of paranormalcy makes you want to gag her, slap her and toss her into the nearest ditch.

But of course, all of the above mentioned could just be me imagining things. Mimi Jean Pamfiloff could have came to the idea for this novel, all on her lonesome.

Ms. Pamfiloff a small message for you- You have been a very naughty girl!
From me you don't get a *smiley*! You get a *frown face*!!!! It's ok to find inspiration in authors around us but this was just a bit too obvious, even borderline illegal.

UPDATE

I have been getting more then a few messages urging me to read the second installment of the King series, stating that it if i do i will find that there is no more similarities with Fever, and of course King couldn't be further removed from Barrons, and that should be enough to justify the first novel.

Do you honestly think so? Here is a little example: Imagine running a marathon with a star athlete. You know that you will never see the finish line on your own, but you really, and i mean really want to get there. So!!! You hop on the athlete's back and let him run, carrying you half the way. When you reach the halfway mark, you jump off and give it your best. Eventually you reach the finish line and you cross it with your arms raised high, fists pumping, and a big cheesy grin on your face, yelling - "I did it!!!"

No.....You didn't.

Karen Marie Moning invested her time, effort, talent, creativity and passion in writing her novels, and her work is appreciated by many. I believe that she would feel flattered if people found her work inspiring enough to try and create something of their own. 'King' is not the way to do it.

I am not surprised that the second novel differs greatly from Fever, because if it didn't there would be great, potentially career terminating consequences.

The end doesn't justify the means.....