Legend

Legend - Marie Lu I wasn't as impressed as I wanted to be....

It was enjoyable.....but slow moving. To be honest I only really got into it past the hundred fifty page mark, and that's saying something. Still, it was entertaining enough for me to try and push trough.

If you would compare Marie Lu's work to some other dystopian novels out there, you will find that it isn't as dark as some of them are. There is a fine distinction between the rich and the poor and the emphases on the security that money can buy you, should you have it. That on it's own is just not enough to keep pace with the rest of them out there that provide content that is more gruesome, therefore more emotionally engaging.

It seemed on occasion that the author presented a lot of potential in her lead characters, but chose not to use everything in her arsenal. There was a lot of talk on scaling a building for example, but not much came out of that. The action scenes were underwhelming. For some reason I have expected far more from the prodigy and her arch nemesis...

Regardless to that, I am intrigued....and will go ahead with the second novel and see if it holds my interest.