House Immortal (House Immortal, #1)

House Immortal (House Immortal, #1) - Devon Monk 6 stars for awesomeness and originality!

Wow, and I mean wow. It has been an absolute blast. This book was sweet, tough, funny, original, brilliant and a-fucking-mazing! It's not the first book I've read from Devon Monk, and I must admit at the beginning I wasn't the biggest fan of Allie Beckstrom, but after reading thins I think I might backtrack and give it another go. Perhaps I see something with new eyes.

This is a fantastic UF with creative individuals like the MC Melita, a 'stitch'. An immortal, stitched together from pieces like Frankenstein's monster. There are twelve known in the world, all of them famous, all of them enslaved by the ruling houses and all of them unable to feel physical contact. Until now. Until her. Melita the thirteenth galvanized. Made differently from the others, she spent her life in hiding on a farm filled with most amazing creations her late father has created. Thinks like her. A Lizard-dragon, poisonous apple munching octopuses, zombie chickens, and three kitten sized house sheep that spin the finest wool.

I could wax poetic about this novel the entire day, but I absolutely will not give anything away. All I will say is that for a while there I have given up on originality. It has been a while since I have been immersed in an UF world that's not built on cliches and I can tell you it's so refreshing.

I would recommend this book to everyone with a need of a breath of fresh air. No damned love triangles, no insta lust, no black trench coats or katanas.

I know right... for a moment there I thought there was nothing else out there. Good to know I was wrong.